You are Invited
To Become an Alliance for a Better Community (ABC)
ABC Advocate Training Overview:
Through the Parent Advocate Training Program, parents of current students in Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) and local charter schools will have the opportunity to use their leadership skills in support of improving local education policies and practices that benefit all students. The program will enhance the skills, knowledge, and confidence of parents necessary to create meaningful change in their schools and community.
Overall objectives of the program are to:
- Increase parent knowledge about local and state educational issues
- Engage parents in coalition and partnership building efforts
- Activate the civic involvement of parents in advocating for all students
ABC Parent participants commit to:
- Participate in six Saturday, 2-hour sessions and a graduation ceremony
- Empower other parents with your knowledge, passion, and belief that together we can achieve academic success for all students
- Remain an active Parent Advocate in the ABC network, engaging school officials to help shape the direction of families, programs and communities
Benefits of being an ABC Parent Advocate include:
- Opportunities to be engaged in state and district-wide advocacy campaigns
- Increased knowledge about current education policy and issues
- Networking opportunities with parent and community leaders
To become an ABC Parent Advocate:
- The next application period will be between January and February of 2018. The program will run from March to April 2018.
- Submit an application and a letter of recommendation to
Carla Lopez-Valdes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Advocate Program is FREE of cost. Space is LIMITED.
For more information, please contact Carla Lopez-Valdes at
email@example.com or call (213) 201-1120.
The ABC Parent Advocate Training Program is made possible through the generous support of